now i can get confused in yet another language

Monday, October 15, 2007

"Hello, World!"

That's embarassing. I haven't posted in over a month. I just had a week-long høstferie (autumn vacation) and I didn't post. Now, monday morning 45 minutes before I should leave for class I finally feel like I have put it off long enough. Putting things off all the time.

Things that have been good:
- Indoor frisbee people have been getting better.
- Lots of shared dinners hosted and attended.
- A dumpstering compatriot. (I let him keep the food processor.)
- Moving at the end of the month to finally live with some nordmenn. (Closer to the good dumpster.)
- I can write norsk like nobody's business.
- Tiny bits of snow.
- Lots of people...?

Things that have been less good.
- Even with new shoes, my feet/legs hurt after playing disc indoors. Hard floor.
- I only get to play disc once a week. (Working on that one.)
- The water out of the tap is ridiculously hot, I come close to actually burning myself at least once a week.
- Locks and compactors and mysterious invisible arrangements make for limited dumpstering options. (And now I have to split my haul.)
- I don't have the confidence to speak norsk nearly as well as I write.
- Cultural confusion and tension regarding "propriety" in conversation.
- I think I need to get a job now.
- I can't seem to get organized or keep my spaces clean.
- The prices of everything other than some produce.

Now I have to get ready to go to class. I will have class and then try to rush to the other campus for a Yoga class. I don't really have anything to wear to a Yoga class but I have put off going for far too long. I hope it doesn't bite.

I promise a better post snart.

"Hello, World!" completely inapt reference that jumped out of my head explained: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_world here.

No comments: